Personal injury claims are normally made when an employee suffers injury from an accident in workplace due to the faults of employer. But it is not mandatory that there has to be a fault on part of employer to file a lawsuit. If an accident occurs at work place and an employee suffers from it or he develops any occupational diseases he can claim compensation.
Accidents at work place can be for reasons like
- Unsafe work practice
- Faulty equipments
- Employment without training
Whereas, occupational diseases occur mainly for
- Unhealthy work environment
- Hazardous nature of work
Who can claim?
An employee who sustained injuries in accident or contracted occupational disease at his workplace has every right to claim compensation. His family is eligible to claim compensation if an employee dies from an accident in workplace.
When the employer has to pay compensation?
An employee is eligible for compensation if he suffers from an
- Injury at an accident in work place during tenure of his employment
- Occupational disease
An accident arising in course of employment is treated as having arisen out of that, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.
Some other situations when an employee can claim compensation are
- If he meets with an accident while traveling to and from work in employer’s operated vehicle. He cannot claim money if he was traveling in a public transport.
- If he meets with an accident at a different place where he was appointed by the employer.
So, contact an efficient criminal defense lawyer immediately you suffer from an injury or is develops a disease at your place of work. If possible, he will help you to recover injury claims at work successfully. He will study in details about the prospect of your case, search for evidences and will suggest amount to claim.